The MODEL-AD consortium consisting of a Center at Indiana University, The Jackson Laboratory, and Sage Bionetworks and a Center at the University of California Irvine has been established by the National Institute on Aging to:
- Develop the next generation of in vivo AD models based on human data
- Institute a standardized and rigorous process for characterization of animal models
- Align the pathophysiological features of AD models with corresponding stages of clinical disease using translatable biomarkers
- Establish guidelines for rigorous preclinical testing in animal models
- Ensure rapid availability of animal models, protocols and validation data to all researchers for preclinical drug development
We’re exhibiting at #SfN18 (booth numbers 4228 and 4230).